St. Mary School strives to provide a faith centered, Catholic Education rooted in the Gospel message. Christian principles are integrated into the curriculum not only in formal study, but also as a way of life. Students at St. Mary evidence their Faith in community life, family life and Christian witness in service.
Students of all faiths are embraced and welcomed at St. Mary!
- Foster children’s moral development through Word and example
- Be central role in educating children in the faith and Gospel Teachings
- Utilize community support and services provided by SMS
- Catholic parents who did not receive all the Sacraments, or parents interested in becoming Catholic are encouraged to explore their own Faith through the RCIA program; please contact the Church Office for complete details at (440) 322-5539.
- Assist parents in faith formation of their children
- Earn Basic Catechist certification, some are Master Catechists
- Knowledge and skills are updated through Religious Education In-Services
- the Catholic Diocese of Cleveland`s Virtus Program
- St. Mary follows the Religious Education curriculum guidelines outlined by the Diocese
- Curriculum and texts are reevaluated on a regular basis
- Students attend Mass regularly, on First Fridays and on Holy Days of Obligation
- Prayer in the classroom is an important part of each school day
- All school prayer services help build the Faith community
- The Blest Are We religious textbook series is currently in use.
St. Mary's School
237 4th Street
Elyria, OH 44035